Homecoming (Bengali/English/Hindi, NFDC Film Bazaar, Goa: Producer’s Lab 2019 script) – the debut feature film of actor Soumyajit Majumdar (25+ credible feature films) as a writer-director-producer is the first feature film from Bengal to be exclusively released and streamed on SonyLIV from February 18. The film had its Kolkata premier recently at Priya Cinema.
About the Film A group of “friends” and “misfits”, who had formed a popular yet short-lived youth theatre group, reunite for the first time after seven years on an eventful Durga Pujo night at their old rehearsal space, a bungalow which is about to be converted into Kolkata’s first five-star heritage hotel by the Ganges.
This musical love letter to cosmopolitan Kolkata is presented by Soumyajit Majumdar Collaborations and produced by Lok Arts Collective. The film completed shoot in January 2021. An ensemble cast of more than 30 actors, the lead cast comprises of the most acclaimed young talents of Bollywood and national OTT including
● Sayani Gupta (Four More Shots Please, Article 15, Jolly LLB and the upcoming Sherdil)
● Hussain Dalal (Munna of Toofan, Judgmental Hai Kya,Dialogue writer- Two States, Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani, Actor- Toofan, Margarita with a Straw, Judgmental Hai Kya)
● Tushar Pandey (The iconic Mammi of Chichorey, also much appreciated for his role in Ashram)
● Soham Majumdar (Iconic Shiva of Kabir Singh, Raghubeer Mhata of Dhamaka, Lead in Brahma Janen Gopon Kommo ti)
● Plabita Borthakur (Lipstick Under my Burkha, Breathe, Bombay Begums),
and most acclaimed young talents of Tollywood and Bengali OTT including
● Tuhina Das (Lead in Aparna Sen’s Ghare Baairey Aaj, Damayanti in Hoichoi’s Damayanti),
● Pujarini Ghosh (The Abhay Deol starrer JL50, Alinagarer Golokdhadha),
● Sayan Ghosh (BFJA award winner for Best supporting actor in Rajlokkhi o Srikanto, lead in Birohi, cult Bengali web series Rest in Prem),
● Sourav Subhra Das (Srijit Mukherji’s Dwitiyo Purush , Anjan Dutta’s Byomkesh o Chiriakhana, Soukarya Ghoshal’s Rawkto Rahosya)
● Sreya Bhattacharya (National award-winning filmmaker Kaushik Ganguly’s Jyesthoputro),
● Priyanka Mondal (Kamaleshwar Mukherjee’s The Hunger Artist and Anusandhan)
● Angana Roy (Primary actor in popular web show Tansener Tanpura and the upcoming Mrs. Undercover and Lukochuri)
The film team also comprises a national and international award-winning crew including ace Bollywood editor Bodhaditya Banerjee (Pink, Guilty, Raid, 102 Not Out and the upcoming Loop Lapeta and Sharmaji Namkeen) and Cinematographer Anup Singh (Maharani, Manikbabur Megh), national award-winning costume designer Gobinda Mondal (Nagarkirtan), national award-winning sound designer Anindit Roy (CAS) and Adeep Singh Manki.
The ten-track music album of the film (4 Hindi songs, 4 Bengali songs, 2 instrumentals) to be released from Sony Music, has been specifically curated and features diverse genres ranging from pop, rock, classical, electronica, rap, folk (baul, bhatiali) and indie. The album features names like the legend Dr. Rahat Indori, Sameer Rahat (music director of Hansal Mehta’s upcoming Indian adaptation of Modern Love and Farzan, What the Folks, Little Things Season 1), K Mohan, Rashmeet Kaur (of Bajre da Sitta fame), Mou Sultana (The Dewarists), Satyaki Banerjee (Coke Studio), Neil Mukherjee (International award winner for the score of the Bangladeshi film Meherjaan), Dev Arijit (Mukkabaz) , Amrita Singh (Paglaiit) and upcoming electronica act Hybrid Protokol. The album includes 3 recreations of compositions by Bengal legends Ramnidhi Gupta, Bhoba Pagla and Khaleq Diwan.