Kolkata, 13 June 13, 2022: National Small Savings Agents Association, India was called a press conference at Kolkata Press Club Main Hall on 13 th of June, Monday at 4 PM to 5 PM. Their National President Mr. Prithwish Bhattacharjee, National General Secretary (Admin) Mr. Manoj Kumar Mishra and WB State General Secretary (Admin) Mr. Sinchan Chatterjee was address press and meet up their query. The conference was regarding ‘The Demands against central government’. They have 22 demands from the government.
Today, about five lakh Agents have been working in the field of enhancement of Small Savings collection through Postal Savings Schemes. Now in the changed scenario and shift in priorities, the Small Savings Agents have been passing through a very critical stage which has made their survival at stake. This issue is not only the question of earning bread for five lakh families but also helping the nation with a strong socio economic base. For the past eleven years, in the name of issuing government directives to the agents of the Post Office, has been carrying out planned atrocities by the Department of Post or Central Government. That endangers the existence of ordinary hardworking agents like them and they have to go through a terrible situation.
Most 5 important demands are –
1. Rejecting the report of the Syamala Gopinath Committee, the commission of the SAS Agent before 2011 What to decide Moreover, even after a decade has passed, we should be increased in the same way as all On the other hand, there has been an increase in the wages. We demand that 2% of SAS to 5% of MPK BY be made.
2. Promptly submit the Pulse Verification Report [required every three years] during the renewal of the Agency. should be stopped, because the agents appointed to benefit the government and the people are anti-social or Not a criminal.
3. Agent Rashid’s book and female head ASLAAS 5 40 years old disorder, which still exists today exists, should be shut down immediately and the digital system implemented.
4. All including PLI/RPLI, Sukya Samridhi Yojana and Senior Citizen Scheme PPF Now suitable products or schemes are to be saved by the agent.
5. All agents are required to deposit the amount through DOP portal and only in the post office.
“For the past eleven years, in the name of issuing government directives to the agents of the Post Office, has been carrying out planned atrocities by the Department of Post or Central Government. That endangers the existence of ordinary hardworking agents like us.” and many more demands.
Their National President Mr. Prithwish Bhattacharjee said,” we are very happy to convey our demands through the media to the government” and WB State General Secretary (Admin) Mr. Sinchan Chatterjee announced about their upcoming annual conference held in sanat swadan on 18th June 13, 2022 and also thank to the media for their presence.
1. Rejecting the report of Shyamla Gopinath Committee, the commission of SAS agents should be fixed as before 2011. In addition, even after a decade has passed, let us be increased in the same way where wages have been increased at all levels. We demand that 2% of SAS should be made 5% of MPKBY
2. The police verification report requested every three years at the time of agency renewal should be stopped immediately, because agents are deputed to benefit the government and the people, they are not antisocial or criminal
3. Agent receipt books and the MPKBY ASLAAS 5 card is 40 years old system still exists today, it should be stopped immediately and the digital system should be implemented.
4. Including PLI/RPU, Sukanya Sammriddhi Yojana, Senior Citizens Scheme, PPF all selling products or schemes should be sold only by agents All sales commissions should be determined
5. All deposit from agents should be submitted through the DOP portal and arrange for the verification in the post office only. Through this, more work will be possible to protect the interest of the country
6. Soon a new joint committee at the central level on post office procedures should be formed with the representatives of our organization. The 40-year-old agency system should be thoroughly reviewed and Improved from time to time
7. Agency renewal should be done for lifetime
8. In every post office of the country, a place should be fixed for the agents to sit and work and a special Counter should be arranged for the agents
9. Whether any circular is issued by the Ministry of Finance or Postal Department, it should be published in every regional language and sent to our organization.
10. Each post office should have a schedule time for agents during business hours
11. Every agent should be given an identity card by the finance ministry as soon as possible:
12. In all states where new agency licenses have been discontinued, start immediately. With older agents, if they want, their successor should be given a new agency instead.
13. If the agent des fur any reason, be sure to hand over the agency license to someone in his family immediately
14. Allow small savings agents to display tabloids during Republic and Independence Day parades
15. Introduce old age pension for those agents who have been working for more than 20 years or currently ag more than 60 years
16. The anti-corruption road should be paved by stopping the postal department and other government employees and any of their relatives from giving any postal agency
17. A Coordinating Committee should be formed with the Agents Association, the National Savings Institute and the Source Officers of the Postal Department and a constructive discussion meeting should be arranged every 6 months
18. Due to power outages or lack of internet link and if the past office is closed due to natural calamity or epidemic, due compensation should be given immediately for the damage caused to the agents
19. The same rule should be introduced in all post offices across India. Stop harassing agents and customers by introducing new rules by any PA or postmaster.
20. All types of stationeryie. check book, ASLAAS card, receipt book, all kinds of usable forms should be distributed in appropriate quantity in all post offices.
21. Stop colluding with a class of dishonest employees and dishonest agents Otherwise corruption will never be stopped
22. Agents are hired to provide proper service to the customers. Do not harass customers unnecessarily by Calling them at the post office Customer service should be given importance by the agents