- The theme for IMD 2023: Zero Male Suicide
We would like to request everyone to observe and celebrate International Men’s Day (IMD) on Sunday 19th, November 2023 with great enthusiasm.
Started on 19th November 1999, International Men’s Day focuses on Men’s health, improving gender relations, highlighting male role models, and promoting positive expressions of masculinity. It’s also an opportunity to recognize men who don’t fall into traditional manifestations of masculinity, such as gay and bisexual men, transgender, or masculine non- binary people. Men face a lot of pressure in society-for example, they’re expected to be providers, and to refrain from asking for help or sharing their feelings. International Men’s Day is all about addressing these problems and redefining masculinity.
Picture from the press conference at Kolkata Press Club
This year for IMD 2023, we would strive to celebrate Men’s positive contributions to society, community, family, marriage, child care, and to the environment. To focus on Men’s Health and Wellbeing, Social, Emotional, Physical and Spiritual. On 19 November 2023, we want to encourage institutions, organizations, and individuals to identify the causes for male suicide and try to find solutions to create a protective environment for Men in all nations. In this regard, International Men’s Day will be observed under the theme: Zero Male Suicide.
This engagement also means ensuring there is intervention, counselling and mediation where necessary. A safe environment is essential for nurturing, growth and development of men who are stable, healthy and caring
The 6 Main Objectives of International Men’s Day
- To promote positive male role models; not just movie stars and sports men but every day, working class men who are living decent, honest lives.
- To celebrate men’s positive contributions to society, community, family, marriage, child care, and to the environment.
- To focus on men’s health and wellbeing; social, emotional, physical and spiritual.
- To highlight discrimination against men; in areas of social services, social attitudes and expectations, and law
- To improve gender relations and promote gender equality
- To create a safer, better world; where people can be safe and grow to reach their full potential.
All Bengal Men’s Forum.
Ph & WA : +917003624865/ +919903318148